So, it's been two months since I posted last. That's a long time but I was sick and needed to recover. I am pregnant, Due November 21st! We are excited and scared to welcome another baby into our little family. We find out the first week of July what we are having. We both hope it's a girl because then we would have one of each. I get so sick that I am NOT doing this again. During the first part of my pregnancies I get hyperemesis. Hyperemesis is a very serious form of regular morning sickness. I lost a total of 33 lbs during my first trimester this time around. I lost 55 lbs with Seamus. On Easter Sunday I was given a medication pump that provided me with a 24 hour supply of Zofran. The catheter portion of the pump went either in my thigh or in my stomach. It left me pretty bruised but they are slowly fading. On June 1st I took the pump out due to neccesity. Because of the holiday weekend I did not get my weekly shipment of medication and supplies and I ran out of site kits (the tubing and catheter portion.) To my pleasant suprise the next day I felt fine. I did not get sick once and was able to handle complex foods easily. By Friday I was discharged from the home-health program and on Mondau FedEx picked up the pump to ship it back to Phoenix and, that's pretty much it. I'm fine now, I feel fine and am still able to eat whatever I want with no problems. My energy level has shot through the roof and I can FINALLY clean my house again ( A big thank you to my Mom, Jacque, Elizabeth and Heather who came and cleaned my house for me while I was sick, this place would have fallen apart without you!)
Now for a month by month update:
April:
My Uncle Max was married on the 9th during the peak of our cold freeze. It was raining and cold but it was a nice ceremony withjusst family and a few close friends.
Then it was Easter and my birthday. I finally got my pump on easter night so, that was a good day for me. My birthday was really low key. My mom organized a little party for me but I couldn't eat the cake or the food so I had a smoothie and some ramen but everyone else enjoyed the festivites.
May:
I don't really remember May at all. We had some fun I know that much but I don't really remember much else. I started school again which was a struggle because I had very little energy and most of my alone time was spent sleeping instead of doing housework and homework. I was off of the pump by the end of May, that to me has to be the highlight!
June:
Seamus' birthday is the 23rd, so we had a party with most of our friends and family present. I can'y believe he's 2! I don't feel like it's been 2 years, but then again I am pregnant again so I'm glad it's been 2 years and not less. I think I would have dropped my basket if I had been this sick when he was much needier and couldn't entertain himself as well.
July:
So far July has been fun. My mom went out of town for the long Fourth of July weekend to be with Jim and celebrate his birthday and (just in case he can't make it out later) their 14th wedding anniversery. I'm so happy that my parents have been able to stick it out and never gave up during their typical marital struggles. They have set an example of compromise in marriage for me and I appreciate that.
I'm going to try and get back on the photo taking wagon and begin my weekly posts again. It's been so long since I took daily photos that I think it's going to be like starting all over again.
Whelp, TTFN!
No comments:
Post a Comment