October 3, 2009
Our Story
So, I thought I'd tell the story of how John and I met - in detail. It was 2006; I had lost my job and crashed my car because of some very poor decisions. I was partying 7 nights a week; one bar I was a regular at was The Depot. The Depot has Karaoke three nights a week, that's how I met Sheila. We became fast friends and spent a lot of time partying. At the time I was living with Heather but her lease was up and I was jobless. My friend Travis offered to move me to the Spokane, WA to help me get a fresh start. The big day came and Travie never showed. Long story short Travie had a breakdown, flipped out and drove to Phx instead of getting me.
So, there I was it was September 2006 and I was jobless. car less and homeless. Sheila offered her home to me and I accepted. John was her roommate. I moved in, it was a full house. There was Sheila and her husband James and their 3 kids, Kalysta, Garrett and James, and then John and I. Naturally John and I bonded over the madness of the household. John was in a relationship, a looooong term relationship. They broke up and John and I began to date. It was strange dating your roommate but I liked I felt safe.
John propsed to me in December of that year, I know that was FAST! but when you know! I of course said yes to my yellow twisty tie engagment ring and that was that. I still carry that yellow twisty tie with me where ever I go, it itches so I don't wear it but it's in my purse at all times.
The living arrangements began to suck - The P's relationship was going downhill fast and She turned out to be the opposite of what she was in the beginning. John and I moved out into an apartment of our own and began to live our lives stress free. We lived in Retro City for six months when my Mom moved to Texas. Not wanting to be so far away from my mommy I decided that I wanted to move there too. John supported me, he left first to find a job and get some money saved up and I stayed behind to finish up our lease.
We were apart 5 months but it felt like a year. We would talk and text and email everyday but that first night I cried my eyes out and told my sister that I had changed my mind and I wanted him to come home. I was so lonely. As time passed it got easier to sleep but that was about it. I through myself into work and did everything I could to stay busy at home.
When April finally rolled around and it was time to go I was ready. The apartment was packed a week in advance. I actually had to go out and buy plastic silver wear because I forgot to leave a fork, knife and spoon out! I left for Texas on the 19th and drove 18 hours nonstop until I got there. We lived in Texas for four months but decided to move back here because I couldn't find work out there.
We moved back to Tucson in late August 2008 and learned that I was pregnant in October. My pregnancy is a whole nother story. John and I had our son in June and here we are! That brings everything up to date!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment