March 23, 2011

365 project Week 11!

We had another fun week! I like that he enjoys the park as much as he does. Even though he is terrified of the playground equipment and just collects rocks and throws a ball around. Someday soon he'll go down the slide more than once and he won't look scared when he does it. We had ANOTHER illness sweep the house this week, I think it came from the Stay and Play at the library, there were some snotty nosed kids last week and I'm sure it came from one of them. Anyway, I started a new block of classes and am excited to finally start some of my core classes.

Monday 3/14/2011
Today we went to the park and the popped into the library for a little. Seamus had a blast even though I forgot a ball (I know BAD mommy!) He watched some kids at soccer practice for a while yelling, "GO! guys GO!" and cheering them on. It was so cute! As soon as he's old enough I want to enroll him in some sort of sport. My cousin Ethan did the YMCA's tot sports program and they covered three or four sports over a few months, maybe we'll do that. Anyway, because I forgot the ball we spent our time collecting rocks and examining them. Eventually Seamus got tired and climbed into his stroller so we could walk home. The kid knows what he wants.

Tuesday 3/15/2011
We stayed in today because I did not feel super great. I didn't sleep very well the night before so we colored and played with play dough all afternoon. It was fun. Then Jacque came over in the evening and we went to get hair dye and then we dyed her hair and watched Glee and Raising Hope. Seamus was in our backup car seat and his feet fit perfectly on the back of Jacques seat, he just relaxed on the way home.



Wednesday 3/16/2011
Today we went to the park for a little bit but Seamus didn't seem like he was into it. He must not have felt very well because we were only there for about 15 mins when he asked to go home. So we went home and colored some more. I downloaded a Sesame Street coloring book so we have like 100 different Elmo coloring pages to get to. Seamus likes to have pictures of his feet taken, it's silly but I oblige him, sometimes they turn out pretty good.


Thursday 3/17/2011
Happy St. Patricks Day! Today was John's day off, so naturally we did nothing. John likes to stay at home and never leave on his days off. It drives me nuts! It's the one I can run errands with some assistance and he pouts the whole time! Anyway, we took a little walk as a family and then played downstairs for a bit. Seamus likes to run up and down our narrow parking lot and as long as the gate is closed I let him. So, he and John ran up and down at least fives times before Seamus wanted to go inside for a drink. That night was family dinner at Tina's. Josh dyed some hamburger meat green and we had green frosted cupcakes for dessert. Seamus has developed a love for his hat and shared it very nicely with the other boys while we were there. That night he got sick! Super sick, he woke us about 2:30 screaming and was covered in vomit. We cleaned him up changed his sheets and layed him back down only to hear screaming 15 minutes later. This time he needed a bath. He couldn't keep anything down, not even water so I stayed up with him and held a bowl under his chin until 4:30 when he fell asleep. I waited awhile before I moved him back to his crib and went to bed myself. I wanted to make sure he wasn't going to wake up again.
needing a drink of water

Friday 3/18/2011
Seamus did not sleep in like I had hoped, instead he woke up 30 minutes before he normally does. Yay for a sleepy mommy! He did not get sick again all day so we went to the park for a bit to get some fresh air. We mostly just walked around and looked at the birds and people playing with their dogs. He started to look sleepy so we finished running our errands and went home. No stay and play today, I didn't want him to get the other kids sick. Instead it was a lot of short naps and Elmo today. I got in a few naps too! That night to get some more fresh air we all went up to the circle K to refill the water jug. When I got back in the car John had put a sticker in the middle of Seamus' forehead.

Saturday 3/19/2011
Today was free admission to the Children's Museum because of their birthday celebration. I was supposed to watch Gwen for Heather but ended up not having to so, Ciara, Seamus and I headed out sans Gwen. Seamus seemed to be feeling better but was over whelmed by the amount of people there. (John was sent over to pass out fliers for the exhibit and got rid of 300+ fliers in less than an hour!) We still played a little and Ciara got to see some stuff she wanted to. She also climbed a rock wall in her flip flops, Go Ciara! After the museum we went to the mall and met Jacque there to get the freebie from Bath and Body Works. Seamus is currently using the bag to store rocks in. After the mall we went up to my GGMa's new house to drop off Ciara and stayed for awhile to let Seamus run amuck before shoving him back into his car seat. We picked up John from work and went home. That night Seamus got sick again, this time out the other end. Ugh, it was everywhere and the poor kid was so scared! He would cry and shake every time it happened. If I hugged him too tight he would go again, it was an awful cycle of poo and crying for a awhile. He didn't have a fever though so I figured it was something he ate, he did put a rock in his mouth so who knows what on that thing.



Sunday 2/20/2011
Having been accident free all morning we were in the process of getting ready for church when Seamus got sick again. So, we called a sub and stayed home. He just layed on the couch most of the day and spiked a small fever a couple of times but nothing that warranted Tylenol or anything. We watched Shrek Forever After and Seamus began imitating the nose horn sound that they make. He'll pinch is nose and say, "Doo-doooo" like a trumpet. then he'll grab our noses and expect the same sound from us. He also has started to get very upset when the little yappy dog next door barks because he shouts, "No! dog bark, No!" "Stop dog, no bark!" until it stops.
My sick baby camouflaged with the couch.

So, the week started out great and slowly progressed into illness again. I hope that his system toughens up a bit so that we don't have to spend so many days inside. He seems to finally be feeling better (today is Wednesday) so, now we all have to hope that I don't get it. I'm kind of a baby when I'm sick and poor Seamus will be bored out of his mind if I'm couch bound for even a day. So, say a little prayer. See ya next week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment