March 16, 2011

Week 10!

Week 10 was finals week for me. I only take two classes at a time but each block is 9 weeks long. So, I had to study hard because each final is worth a huge portion if my grade. In once class I had an essay test that was pretty hard but I had all week to finish it. I ended up with an A in each class with a 90% on one final and a 99% on the other, I lost a point for grammar on my essay test. I thought spell check was supposed to find those little mistakes. At any rate, when I wasn't studying Seamus and I were busy exploring.

Monday 3/7/2011
Today was our slow day. John was at work all day so we stayed in. We colored and drew with chalk on the patio. Seamus has recently become fascinated by our credenza and the contents inside. He opens and closes the door all day long, pulling stuff out and playing with it (that is where he found that candle that made him smell like passion fruit.) So, I have a lot of pictures of him playing with things he probably shouldn't. His favorite is Johns de-soldering tool that is made of a combination of plastic and metal so it makes a "cool noise" when banged up against stuff. He also found the can of air that we use to blow dust out o computer components. When John got home from work he joined in the fun. Seamus' funky face is because he was just shot in the armpit by a blast of air.

Tuesday 3/8/2011
All day Monday Seamus was asking to go to the park, but the stroller was in the back of the car so we had no way to get there. When John got home from work Monday I pulled the stroller out so that we could go to the park. We walked to Himmel Park and played for about an hour then went to the library. We got a couple of Elmo movies so that I didn't have to watch the same three that we have and some books. He really likes the Max and Ruby book, even though he has never seen the TV show.  I didn't get a chance to look for anything for me because he is just too rambunctious right now. He is still learning library etiquette. He runs around yelling and laughing, so we never stay long. He loves books though and he has a couple favorites that we read all of the time. Anyway, the park was a blast and Seamus is at a point in his development that he is fascinated by little things. He gets down really low and studies dirt and sand and rocks.

Wednesday 3/9/2011
Today was Grammy Glor day! So, I cleaned and studied and did some serious work on my essay final. I almost cheated because I was looking online for some more information and I actually came across my final online! I clicked on the link because the heading was exactly what I was looking for and it ended up being my final. I panicked and closed out the Internet. When Seamus got home we watched Elmo and I got dinner ready. Not an eventful day for me but Seamus was happy when he got home.

Thursday 3/10/2011
This was Johns day off so, it was spent hanging with Daddy. We cleaned a little and ran a few errands but mostly we just hung out. John slept in late so Seamus and I went to the park for a bit and then to Costco (to get the things I forgot when John rushed out of there the first time) Family dinner this week was a Grammy and Pa's in celebration of Pa's birthday. We had some super delicious steaks and Grammy's famous Mac'n'Cheese. Seamus had a blast playing with his cousins outside. The weather was amazing so we spent most of the evening out there. My GGMa came so we sang Happy Birthday to her as well and had some carrot cake balls and cheesecake for dessert. After dinner John and I drove GGMa home so John could set up her computer for her. Seamus was wired from all of the strawberries he ate and played the entire time we were there. He made is first pillow fort on GGMa's couch, played her organ and bounced a ball around. He also shared his favorite book, "BooHoo Bird" with GGMa and Aunty Granny Lynn. I laughed so hard because he was so cute telling them what happens in the book.

Friday 2/11/2011
Seamus and I took John to work today so that we could go to stay and play at the library. After we dropped him off we had some time so we went to the park and played for a bit until it was time to go. He really loves the park. Today we played in the sand and collected rocks (we always collect rocks) He is still very much against the playground equipment but someday he'll decide he wants to slide or swing or something but for mow we run around, throw a ball and collect rocks. Playtime at the library went extremely well this week. He played well with others and helped to clean up. He signed along with the songs, I don't think he knows the words well enough to sing them yet but he does the motions and laughs along with the other kids. He made it the whole stay and play without an outburst. I was so proud of him. Then we went home for lunch and spent the rest of the day at home. John went straight to Bryan's after work so it was just Seamus and I until my mom and Ciara came by around 7:30. Ciara slept over, so my mom hung out for a little bit and then went home. Ciara and I watched Diary of a Wimpy Kid, it was a cute movie.


Saturday 3/12/2011
The morning was a little hectic as we tried to figure out how we all were going to get to the book festival. We finally figured it out and away we went. My Mom, Ciara, Seamus and I all went. We got there late and it was ridiculously busy so we did not stay long. These types of events are not stroller friendly nor are they toddler friendly. But, mom got an autograph from her favorite author and Ciara made one of those photo flip books with Seamus so it wasn't a total bust. Once we left we had lunch at Chuys and then dropped Ciara and Seamus off at my apartment so Mom and I could switch cars with John (he had taken my mom's little truck to work, that's how we all had room) She and I took a little detour home and stopped at Ross and Burlington to look for sandals for her and work clothes for John. We were successful in both searches and now John has two new work shirts and my mom has a cute new pair of sandals for the summer. When we got home Ciara and Seamus were both passed out on the couch, it was pretty cute.

Seamus showing off his pencil at the book fest


Sunday 3/13/2011
Pretty slow day. Breakfast, church, lunch and dinner. After bath time Seamus put on a pair of pj bottoms that had a monkey on the butt. He wanted to see so I took a picture of them. He even got onto his stomach so I could get a clear shot of his rear. Goofball.


Week 10 done! We had a lot of fun at the park this week so it will definitely become part of our routine. They have also changed toddler story time at the Himmel library so we should be able to start going to that as well. Yay! I am definitely finding that this project has motivated me to be a more active person than I normally am. Now, we walk all over the place because you never know when something great is going to happen. I like that I can incorporate my daily walk into playtime as well. The park is just far enough away that if I walk briskly I feel like I'm doing some good. So we walk, run around the park for awhile and then walk back. I also search for free events that we could go to as well. I am excited about John working at the King Tut exhibit because immediate family gets in free. That is on our list of things to do this week as well. OK friends see you next week! 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a great semester! A 99% on your final is amazing! Don't even let a silly grammar mistake get you down ;) Where I'm from we have a "Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum" that has a lot of cool artifacts and explains a lot of ancient beliefs and rituals... is that pretty much the same as where John's working? Is it a permanent exhibit?

    I'm glad you're enjoying the blog project. Hope you don't mind me reading; I've fallen in love with your little family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The exhibit is not permanent, it is here until May and then a new one will take it's place. I think it's a good idea to rotate things because there is only a selcet part of the population interested in Egypt, the next show is Mars Rover so, that will bring out the space geeks!

    thanks for the congrats, the class was not that hard and when we had a week to finish the test with access to our books I would have been pretty disappointed in myself if I didn't do that well.

    ReplyDelete