March 14, 2011

Week Nine!

I am a couple of weeks behind because last week was the final week on my first year of classes at University of Phoenix. I am half way there! Yay! I was so busy studying that I neglected my readers, all 10 of you, sorry. I got an A in both classes though so maybe that makes up for it.

Monday 2/28/2011
We went on a Scout hunt today. Seamus woke up this morning seriously upset that his Scout (a lime green stuffed dog, made by Leapfrog that knows his name, favorite food and color) no longer worked. "Cout broke" "cout no work" "Dadda fis it", is what we heard all morning so, after nap time we set out to get a new one. I first went to WalMart because I know that it is cheaper there than at Target, sold out, no Scout in sight, so down the road to Super Target, sold out. I did have them search to see if any were available anywhere else and wouldn't you know it, the Target that is three minutes from my house had four of them. Poor Seamus had to wait so long to get his new scout, but once we did he was one happy camper! As soon as we got to the car I opened it up and passed it over to Seamus. "Dis Cout wok!" "Cout not boken!" I made his day and he slept well that night because Scout was there to sing him lullabies. I didn't get a picture of Seamus with Scout but I did catch him playing with my computer.

Tuesday 3/1/2011 - Welcome to March!!!
John had finals today so he spent most of the morning studying. So, Seamus and I followed our usual Tuesday routine. We colored, played outside for a bit and practiced learning shapes. He has circle and triangle down. Except when he sees a triangle most of the time he says "Telly" (as in Telly monster from John read Seamus a story and I took pictures of it.

Wednesday 3/2/2011
Today was grocery shopping day. John hates this day, I love it. We went to Costco and then to Fry's. John rushed me through the stores so I forgot a bunch of stuff and have since had to go back. Oh, well more shopping time for me! At Costco we of course stopped for some eats. Seamus has begun to make decisions about his meals and when asked will choose what he wants most. I asked him if he wanted pizza or a hot-dog, today he chose pizza, the next time we went he chose a hot-dog.  He knows what he wants!

Seamus drawing

Thursday 3/3/2011
Today was a fun day! My friend Shannon from high school was in town visiting her parents so I met her at Pump It Up for the pre-K jump time. Seamus loved it until it got busy then he was done. He panicked every time I tried to get him in a bouncy house. Not happening. Eventually I gave up and let him run around and play with a ball. It was nice to see Shannon again because I'm pretty sure that we had not seen each other face to face since graduation. Her boys are super adorable and active. Little Trevor cracked me up. He was perfectly content just like Seamus to run around and chase a ball. That night was family dinner at Tina's. Each week I spend with them I am more and more grateful for what wonderful people they really are. I am so blessed to have such a loving and supportive family.
Seamus was also captivated be the air hockey table

Friday 3/4/2011
Seamus went with Grammy Glor today so I cleaned, a lot because my Pull-Up's Potty Dance Party was the next day. I took a break and went to lunch with Jacque and then to Ross to get John... wait for it... work clothes! Yay! John had to WORK that night and needed black dockers and a black polo. Easy find at Ross. Jacque found some cute stuff for her niece-to-be also! That night we were supposed to feed the missionaries but because Johns was working we couldn't have them over. Instead, and I really feel awful about this, really really awful, I bought them a frozen pizza (DiGorno) and a box of cookies from the bakery. Sorry guys! I'll make it up to you someday I promise!
here is my son, playing with candle wax. He smelled like passion fruit even after his bath!

Saturday 3/5/2011
POTTY DANCE DAY!
I was pretty anxious about this party. One) because it was in out tiny apartment and Two) it was a party I was hosting in general. I think it went well. We had some awesome swag bags thanks to houseparty.com and Pull-Up's and we did the potty-dance. As parents we swapped tips for potty training and shared some horror stories as well. I like the idea of putting Cheerios's in the toilet so that he'll have something to aim at. I made some cupcakes and Cole brought some too! Graham really enjoyed his! Seamus was a little nervous about having all of these people in our home so he mostly stood back and observed the entire time. Once people started to leave though, he was right by the door telling everyone "Bye!Bye!" as they left. I think he was relieved to have everyone gone because once the house was empty again he ran around laughing and smiling. Then he got ahold of a marker and colored on himself, a lot.
Seamus showing off his artwork

Sunday 3/6/2011
Let me start by saying that Fast Sunday is hard, and for some reason when you have afternoon church it's even harder. We had an interesting Fast and Testimony meeting today. I just hope that the man who spoke out the way did has received some comfort in knowing that we were not judging him and that as a congregation we were all there because we love and wanted to honor the Lord. It's not our place to pass judgement like that and I guess shame on whomever treated him so poorly. After church we went to Bryan and Dawns for dinner. Ashton wanted to play Magic with John so he called and invited us over (heehee.) His message was so cute, garbled but cute.

So, that's week 9 in a nut shell. John will be working for the Rialto Arts and Antiquities building at the King Tut exhibit. I encourage all of you to check it out. It's pretty cool! Two of the artifacts in the show are the only ones left because the originals were destroyed in Egypt during the January revolts. Until he starts school next week he's working full time. Once he starts school he'll probably go down to part-time to accommodate his schedule. I am so happy that we finally have some sort of reliable income. I can breathe a little easier now and I have certainly slept better since he got the job. I am so grateful for the peace that I had in my heart while we were struggling. I know that the Lord heard my prayers and comforted me until the opportunity presented itself. 
A shout-out to all f my family and friends who made it out to the Potty Party! It was great to have all of you there and even better to know that we are not alone when it comes to potty training. Love you guys and See ya next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment