February 24, 2011

Week 7!

Week 7 down! I kind of feel like we're getting into a better routine. I am constantly looking for activities to fill our calendar with. Seamus had fun this week. He got a bunch of new books and has been reading then non stop ever since. He walks up to me 4 or 5 times a day saying, "Mamma, book." So, we read. He has also started to read to himself, looking at the pictures and laughing to himself. Seamus also discover Shrek this week and thinks that Donkey is hilarious!

Monday, 2/14/2011
today was Valentine's Day for most of America, not really for us. It was a Monday, we exchanged cards but didn't do much of anything else. We went to the Friends of the Pima County Library book sale, Monday was the last day of the sale, so to push some inventory they have a $5 bag day. We filled 2 bags and came home with over 20 books! I loved the sale and plan to go back in April for the next. John had a job interview that went well and I had a doctors appointment to follow up on my pink-eye mess from last week (p.s. I'm all clear but the Dr said that because the scratchiness happens a lot that she was going to send a referral to see an eye doctor the next time it happens.) Ciara also had a soccer game and I went. John stayed with Seamus and I got to spend some one on one time with my Marmie. the game was good, it just took them awhile to get warmed up. Ciara played the whole game but was kind of off in la-la land, maybe she has boy fever and is distracted by all of her teammates. When I got home John had cooked dinner (a frozen lasagna, but hey I'll take it!) and made a card with Seamus for me. It was a nice evening.

Monkey just relax'n on the couch

Tuesday 2/15/2011
John missed his morning class because my phone turned itself off again in the middle of the night.  So, we went to Verizon to get a new one. My phone is still under warranty so the replacement was free but, they didn't have any in store so they had to mail one to me. That night John went to class as scheduled and Chunk and I read books on the couch. Lots of books. Our haul from the library books sale has proven worthy of Seamus' attention and we read a lot. Then it was off to bed for monkey and off to school for me.
Reading "Yummy Yucky" He has even started to "read" along with me!

Wednesday 2/16/2011
Seamus went with Grammy Glor for the day so I cleaned. I never feel like I get enough done on my day away from Seamus, it goes by so fast! But, when he got home John left for another interview that also went very well so, we'll see which one works out in the end. We had burgers for dinner and then Family Home Evening. FHE is definitely something we struggle with in our house because a) it's a new thing to us and forming a habit is difficult and b) Seamus has the attention span of a gnat and will only sit still for so long. We got a children's bible that is more of a storybook but it only highlights a few of the stories in the bible so, I guess I need to breakdown and get an FHE book from Desret. Having recovered from his war wound Seamus was ready to rough house again so he and John were playing on the floor. This time it was Daddy who got hurt, Seamus was very concerned and kept asking John, "You K Dada? You K?" and giving him kisses. It was cute.
It's all fun and games...

Until someone gets hurt.
 Thursday 2/17/2011
The day was normal just play time and nap time. Nothing much of note. Family dinner this week was at my Grammy Jackie's. Seamus was a little crabby and so we didn't stay late like we normally do. My mom wasn't there because she was with my GGMa but Seamus did get to play with his Auntie CC so he was happy.
roll'n with Elmo
Friday 2/18/2011
We went to library for Stay and Play again, this time John went with me. I wanted him to see what we did there so he would know what I was talking about when I came home. This was the day I knew Seamus was coming down with something. He was very clingy and whiny. He is also almost 2 which means temper tantrums for no reason. I threw a bucket and hit a little girl in the head. He had time out and then apologized, but after that he kinda checked out. We stayed until it was over though because singing time and story time were next. After that we went home, I got my new phone that didn't work and we were off to Verizon. This time they had phones in stock so, I got a replacement right away but I waited over an hour to get it done.  Seamus and John went next door to Subway and ate dinner and then played in the parking lot and in the car until I texted John that I was almost done, then they came back in. We stopped by Target because we didn't feel like going straight home, Seamus got bubbles. After that is was home and homework for me, bath, bubble and bed for Chunk and John was off to play his nerdy games with my Uncle Bryan.

Saturday 2/19/2011
John went to Bryan's early to help him sand and stain more of the new play set and Seamus and I went over to my moms to hang out. We went to Staples where Seamus insisted on pushing the cart by himself (lovely, right?) and then to a pet store so that mom could pick up some mice for fluffy (fluffy is a monitor that is about 5 1/2 feet long.) Seamus has never been to a pet store before and he enjoyed looking at most of the animals. He however did not enjoy the large parrot. As soon as that bird squawked he stopped dead and refused to walk any further. Ciara had to pick him up and carry him passed the bird. He also did not like the giant snakes. Everything else he liked. He especially liked the bunnies, who were in a play area so we was able to see them move and hop around.

small birds are OK

Bunnies!

Sunday 2/20/2011
Seamus was up all night with an awful cough. So, John stayed home from church with him, while I went so that our CTR-4's weren't left hanging. We pretty much vegged all day. When the baby is sick it's kind of an excuse to be lazy too. Before bed John was goofing around with Seamus and, I got some good ones of the both of them laughing together. I am so grateful I have a husband who is so loving and carefree with our son.

This project is beginning to teach me to find the fun in everything. Everywhere we go I look for fun things we could do that would make a good photo. I want my son to experience more and this project has definitely motivated me to do more. Each day is a new opportunity for Seamus to learn about the world. I love to see him digging in the dirt or looking up into the trees. I can see his little brain working so hard to absorb it all.

Next week, which is almost over because I took forever to edit my photos, is a slow one but, I think I have some really cute photos so, check back in a few days. I'll have another post by then!

1 comment: