One month down and after that sna-fu with my USB cord I am happy to be posting this only a few days late instead of a few weeks late. We had more fun this week than we did the last one, I think it's because I am feeling much much better and I can open my eye without feeling like someone is trying to scratch it out.\
We spent a lot of time with Dawn and the boys this week as well as a fun play date! Seamus is learning more and more everyday and his vocabulary is awesome. He has started asking everyone if they're OK. He walks up to you gets right in your face and says, "You Ockay?" (I do the "ck" because he's very harsh with his "k" sounds.) Seamus didn't get to play with Grammy Glor this week but he's going tomorrow and is excited to see his Grammy Glor and maybe even his Pappy!
Monday, 1/31/2011
We stayed in still wary of the pink eye. I would feel awful if we caused an epidemic. So we did the usual and played in doors because it was chilly outside, I hate cold weather that's why I live here and not Minnesota. We colored and played in Seamus' room. Eventually the part ended up in our room and Seamus played dress up with some of Daddy's clothes. Here he is wearing one of Daddy's ties.
Tuesday 2/1/2001
The weather began to take a turn for the worse and we stayed indoors pretty much all day. I did bundle us up briefly to check the mail and spend a few moments outdoors. John went to school in the evening so Seamus and I watched Elmo and played. He gets sucked into Elmo pretty quickly and it gives me the opportunity to clean up dinner and maybe even some of the living room. My little man is growing up but when I look at this picture I still see some baby in him.
Wednesday 2/2/2011
It was cold. We went grocery shopping and ran a couple of errands but for the most part stayed indoors again. In the evening John and Seamus were playing and John began to lift Seamus in the air while holding on to his legs. Seamus thought this was great fun and wanted it to go on forever! When we count to three John and I will say "one" Seamus says "two" and John and I will say "three!" and then he does whatever it was we were counting up to. This particular evening Seamus must have said "Two" 25 times. Instead of saying something along the lines of "again!" or "more!" Seamus just got into position and said, hesitantly, "two"
| John and Seamus laughing after being up in the air |
| John took this awesome picture of Seamus. He looks like a little boy in this photo. |
Family dinner night this week was at Tina's. What was different about this week is that Chelsea came! Yay for Chelsea and her super adorable son Cameron! The boys had fun playing next to each other (Seamus still refuses to interact with strangers) Again with the freezing weather though so not a lot of outside time again today. Seamus instead played with his blocks. He made a tower and was very proud of himself. He came running over to me shouting, "Mama! Look!" It made me smile that he took such pride in his handy work.
Friday 2/4/2011
We were supposed to have a play date with the Procks at the park but Old Man Winter had other ideas so we rescheduled for this week and made it an inside affair so that no matter what Seamus, Hyrum and Livvie get to play. Instead Seamus and I went to my Aunt Dawns to play and so that I could help her make Camerons birthday cake. We made an awesome Spiderman cake! I am very proud of our work and it has made want to learn more. Dawn said that she would give me a crash course one weekend so that I will be up to date for the intermediate class that is coming up. Yay for cake decorating, it's fun! We also had a play date/ dinner date with the two Jacque's. Mrs. Maxwell and Mrs. Willams joined Seamus and I at the Tucson Mall play center for some fun times. Jacque W. brought her two little ones Tenley (3) and Scarlett who is (9 months?) Seamus enjoyed the play place but i do have to rant a bit about the 8 year olds that play in there. If strongly believe that the center is meant for kids five and under (you know the ones stuck in a stroller for hours while Mommy shops) Anyway, we had fun despite hooligans and Tenley obsession with the cute boutique just outside of the play place.
| Having fun at the mall! |
| Cameron's cake! |
Saturday 2/5/2011
This was the day of Camerons party! It was a cute little party with some of his friends and a lot of family (that's how the Hosacks roll) I tries to get Seamus to hit the pinata but he wanted nothing to do with it. Must have been the pressure, he doesn't react well if there are a lot of people trying to get him to do one thing. All of the encouragement confuses him and he just closes up. He does however love playing outside and he did a lot of that there. I got a hair cut on Saturday complements of SuperCuts at Oracle and Magee (the do free cuts in their training center when they train recent graduates on the SuperCuts way, keep an eye out on Craigslist in the free section, this is where I saw it posted) So, Seamus hung out with his Daddy, Aunt CC and cousin Josh.
| Seamus and one of his loves; Aunt Tina |
| My new hair! |
Sunday 2/6/2011
Superbowl Sunday, except that this household is not a hardcore football household. So, it's not that big of a deal to us. John has told me in that past that if the 49ers are ever good again then he'll start caring. So, we woke up prepared ourselves for church and as we were walking out the door, I got sick... So John and Seamus went to church without me. Well they tried to go to church. Apparently my son was loud and obnoxious the entire time and John was so mortified he left. Sorry to whomever it was that was sitting in front of them. Apparently my son threw somethings at you, we're working on that. Once they were home we got stuff together and headed over to Bryan and Dawns to watch the game and spend some time with family (I should not have gone, I was miserable almost the entire time.) When we got home it was time for me to take my mid-term exams, I got a 90% on my Psych test and 100% on my Critical and Creative Thinking essay. Yay Me!
| Seamus in his church clothes, he looks so handsome! |
So that's it, I'm all caught up! this week we have a play date with the Procks and maybe Toddler time at the library, if Seamus is back in time. If not, it will have to remain on my someday list.
TTFN my friends see you in a week!
No comments:
Post a Comment