February 16, 2011

Week SIX!

Week six was a busy one! We visited friends and family this week as well as going to the library for a stay and play activity. Seamus of course got to play at Grammy Glor's and with Ethan and Carsen.

Monday 2/7/2011
This was by far our slowest day. We stuck to our routine and played inside and on the patio. I wish that we lived somewhere more kid friendly but, I am convinced that my landlord hates his job and secretly wishes that everyone would move out. He pretty much expects total silence at all times. If we go outside and play in parking lot while a lot of people are home we can almost guarantee that we will get a message from Ron saying that someone complained about the noise. So, we stay confined to our apartment a lot so we don't piss off the neighbors.

Tuesday 2/8/2011
 John went to school and Seamus and I played. We colored and worked on our colors. Seamus is finally starting to recognize the difference between blue and green! That was I battle I was sure I was going to loose! He still refuses to say the colors but when asked, "Where is the red ball?" He always picks the right one. We have also started working on adding more animals to his vocabulary. Right now he know the basic farm animals, cow, chicken, sheep, duck, cat, dog, bird etc... oh and elephant. I've started adding donkey, owl, giraffe, ostrich, seal, fox and tiger. For the most part he can pick them out of his flash cards. When he first saw the owl he said, "Mama What's that?" It made me laugh!

Today, while John was home he and Seamus began wrestling on the bed, Seamus of course was injured by smacking his head on our bed frame. John felt so guilty that he moped for an hour after it happened. Here is a picture of his boo-boo and of the giant mess that we call his toy mat in the living room.



Wednesday 2/9/2011
Seamus went to Grammy Glor's for just a couple of hours today. I like when he's gone longer because I have a chance to get everything done but I'll my free time anywhere I can get it! I went to a doctors appointment only to find that she was running over an HOUR behind, I rescheduled. When Seamus got home we played downstairs for a little while and then went back inside. It was a nice day so we had the sliding glass door open and Seamus played on the patio. He likes to draw on the cement with chalk, he just makes straight lines but every time he does it he smiles. We also played in his room. Seamus was particularly fond of his duck today and insisted I take a picture of his duck in the car.

Seamus' duck, in a toy car.

Thursday 2/10/2011
John had a job interview at 11 so Seamus and I hung out until he got home. Then we drove all the way up to SaddleBrooke to help GGMa pack up because she was moving out in Saturday. I don't feel like we got much done but She was grateful and I love spending time with my Grandma. Seamus was a very big helper and decided his job was to move GGMa's food storage cans around the garage. When my mom got off of work she stopped by and played with Seamus for a bit. She took him with her when she left and we got him back at Dawn and Bryan's because that is where family dinner was. It was Bryan's birthday and we had ribs and cookies and pie. Dawn made him a SpiderPig cookie cake because he requested one after he saw Cameron's Spiderman cake.


Friday 2/11/2011
Seamus and I went to Martha Cooper Library for their "Stay and Play" activity. We met a few people from the ward their. It was fun! They sing a bunch of songs and encourage the kids to clean up themselves. It was great and I plan to go back this week. They also have a toddler story time but it's on Wednesdays when Seamus is usually with Glor. Seamus was exhausted after playtime and took a really long nap! Once he woke up we went to Bryan and Dawns so that John could help Bryan set up part of the kids play set. It was nice out so we all came outside. Dawn and I chatted while Seamus, Ethan and Carsen played. This is where I had my biggest Mommy Fail to date. I didn't catch Seamus at the bottom of the slide and he really really hurt himself. He knocked the wind out of himself and passed out. You guys it was the most awful, horrible thing I think I have ever experienced. Luckily he was not seriously injured and by the end of the night he was fine. We did give him some Tylenol to help with the pain.

Saturday 2/12/2011
We finally went back to the SwapMeet. It was a beautiful day and there were a lot of people there. We managed to sell a couple of phones and get really really sunburned. We left there at 3 and went home. We ate out today because I didn't have anything thawed for dinner. After we finished eating we walked around the shopping center for a bit to help the food digest. John dropped Seamus and I off at home because it was bedtime and I had homework to do and he went to Bryan's and played nerdy games with the guys.


Sunday 2/13/2011
We all woke up a little sore from our sunburns. I though there was sunscreen in the diaper bag, there was not, so today we all look like we took a nap outside in July. Church as usual, it was nice and I enjoyed the speakers. Our Sunday School lesson went well and the kids participated in the entire lesson. A lot of the time we just talk at them until it's time to color because that's what they like best. Once we got home it was time to eat something, anything (that's the bad thing about 1pm church) so we had sandwiches and then watched TV. Seamus took a good nap and at 6:30 our Home Teacher came by for a visit.  Then it was bed for Seamus and homework for John and I.

You can see Seamus' "tan" lines

So, that was our week! I like that we spend so much time with family and I really like the library. I'm kind of mad at myself for not taking him sooner. See ya next week!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! This project is so fun! I love reading about your family. Seamus is really cute. That little "war wound" from wrestling with Daddy was so sad. More so for John. Poor John! :( And we love the library as well. It's really really fun. Anyway, thought I'd let you know I'm a reader so I don't feel like I'm blog-stalking you. See you next week!

    ReplyDelete