January 1, 2011

The Fantastic Mr. Seamus

Seamus is 18 months old as I mentioned in my last post and.... he is growing up too fast for me!
Also mentioned in my previous post, he weighs 30 lbs 5 oz and is 34.5 inches tall. He is wearing 24 month size clothes and size 7.5 shoes!!! He's going to have huge feet like his daddy!
Seamus' favorite things:
  • Elmo
  • Reading
  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Coloring
  • Swords
  • Bath-time

Seamus' favorite foods:
  • Yogurt
  • Hot Dogs
  • Pancakes
  • Pasta
  • Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches (he pulls them part and eats the pieces separately)
My lil Monkey's vocabulary is also huge! He is saying full sentences and when prompted with an instruction will respond either yes or no. Example: "Seamus it's time to go home."    "No, I wan Play mo"
Seamus will let us know what he wants by saying; "I want..."
-my ball
-my book
- my jush (juice)
- my Beebee (blanket)
- Fooooooo (food)
- CC (Auntie CC, my 13 year old sister)



He can also say;
  • Hot Dog
  • Gurt (yogurt)
  • Nack! (snack)
  • Shush (Shoes)
  • Dog
  • Cat
  • Bird
  • Duck
  • Phant (elephant)
  • Baf (bath)
  • Ckookie (cookie said with major emphasis on "c" so much so that he quacks sometimes)
  • Foobaa (football)
  • BaBaa (Basketball)
  • Sit!
  • Goooo!
  • Oeoe (Zoe)
  • Ber (Bert)
  • Pa (for both Pappy and Pa)
  • Gammy (Grammy)
  • Gramma (Grandma)
  • Egan (Teagan)


Seamus is also learning colors and how too count to 3. We work on color recognition everyday be saying what color his shirt is or the color of toys and other various objects. When we count to 3 I say 1 he says 2! and holds up one finger and then I say 3. Seamus then claps with pride.

Seamus is also very good at being reverent during prayer. Anytime we mention Jesus he folds his arms and bows his head ready to say a prayer.

He knows what he wants and if he can't tell you he know how to show you. He loves running outside and plays well with his cousins and friends in nursery at church.

I am looking forward to the next 6 months because I know that he will grow and learn so much in that period.


1 comment: