I did it! Yay! ME!!!! I am so proud of myself! I almost missed day one. See he's already in his jammies ready for bed.
Sunday was slow, John had strep or some other horrible illness and missed church so, it was Seamus and I against the world! When we got home I made Mac N' Cheese and turkey dogs for dinner then it was bath, reading time and bed. Of course there was a little play time in there too!
Seamus loves to play with the magnets on the fridge. I love magnets so, we have a lot. No really, I have a quart size plastic bag full of ones that won't fit on the fridge. At any rate, he loves them and likes to move them from the fridge to the dishwasher and back.
Monday was busy, we woke up and had to pull together all of our stuff for our dog sitting staycation at Casa de Maxwell. Most of the morning was spent packing and organizing because, three days is a long time for a kid to be somewhere with no toys. Once we got the car loaded up you have thought we were leaving for 2 weeks! Seamus loves Daisy and Lola, they put up with him like professionals! Mondays photo is of Seamus playing with the dogs. He would run around jump on the couch let the dogs lick his legs and then jump off and chase Daisy around with Lola chasing him! It was ridiculously funny to watch.
Tuesday we went home during the day because I was supposed to watch Gwen for Heather but she was running late and didn't have time to drop her off. So we stayed home because John has school all day on Tuesdays and the stroller was in the car. Seamus has developed a fondness for telephones and when he answers the phone he shouts, "HELLO!" and then continues to ramble, passing the phone around to everyone in the room. He also likes to use the really phone and will often ask me to call, "CC."
Wednesday was busy. Seamus went to Johns mom's for the day to play with Grammy Glor and all of her crazy hats. On our way home Seamus decided to rock out to the music on the radio. CC has taught him to head bang with his tongue out so.....
Thursday was the day Seamus participated in a study at the U of A in their Tweety Lab. Basically they studying children to see how much language they really need to develop properly. First we went into a room with two of the students and Seamus played with toys while a recording of a made up language played in the background. He was so funny because he wanted everyone else to play too. He brought everyone a toy and would sit next to us floor a bit and then move on to the next person. The students were also sitting on the floor so, Seamus brought them chairs. They said that they had never seen a child that active during a study. He didn't stop the whole 15 minutes we were in there! Next we moved to a sound proof room. They put Seamus in a high chair and had me sit next to him with headphones on. Again they played the language but this time they had flashing lights and the occasional puppet show. I have no idea how this is supposed to judge language but, I am a fan of psychology and am more than willing to volunteer our time if it means that questions get answered.
Thursday was also the week night Relief Society meeting and John and Seamus went to the Stratton's to play games and play with Carin! Seamus plays well with Carin and is learning to share with her. She is so patient with him. I tried to get a picture of the 2 of them together but it was past his bedtime and wanted nothing to do with my camera.
Because this picture is so bad here is a really good one of Carin. Who, was more than willing to pose for my camera. Maybe that's another thing she could teach Seamus.
Friday was spent deep cleaning. It hadn't gotten done in a couple of weeks and I was horrified that my mom would be coming over to see my house that bad. So, I scrubbed and while I scrubbed John and Seamus played. I have no idea what they played but I heard them laughing and talking and occasionally Seamus would run down the hall and yell my name asking me to play. It sounded like fun and now I can have fun again instead of dwelling on the mildew in my shower, because it's gone. As I mentioned before my mom and sister came over to watch Seamus so John and I could go to the swapmeet and try to sell some phones (no luck there... faith and prayers people that is what gets you through times like these) So Seamus got to play with Grammy and CC for the evening. When they put him down for bed, he wasn't interested and attempted to climb out of his crib. He got stuck. Mom said that he was crying and when she opened to door to check on him he was straddling the side of the crib! Anyway, Friday's picture is of Seamus' introduction to his potty seat. He is beginning to take interest and we are hoping that by allowing him to practice going potty on the big potty when it comes time he'll be OK with it.
Saturday was free admission to The Tucson Children's Museum! So, we went! I'll post a bunch of those pictures in a bit but it was fun! Most of it was over his head but he enjoyed the music room and the Build It! room. He was a little freaked out by the dinosaur. He fell asleep on the car ride home and the rest of the day was spent playing in his room or out on the balcony. I picked one of my favorites from the museum for Saturdays picture.
Sunday, was a normal day. We woke up had breakfast and played until it was time for church. Church went well, Seamus made it through church with only one outburst and no nap! He fell asleep in the car on the way home and slept for about 45 mins. He woke up too soon and cried for Oh, 30 mins. He finally calmed down and started to play. Here is a picture of him playing on his Harley Davidson Rocker that he got for Christmas!
Aww, what an adorable little boy! So happy to see you doing so well Cameo. I will be praying for you and your family, gotsta sell them phones! haha
ReplyDeletenice already attempting potty training. i like to hear the updates. seems like life is pretty busy but you got a lot of family support.
ReplyDeleteLove the new blog! I just read all the ones that I've missed since 2011. Very very fun. I love the challenge, I may steal that myself. Also, congrats on the weight loss! 25 pounds, that's amazing! What an accomplishment. Also, your little blurb about married life made me well up a little. I'm so happy for you and your life, you can tell that you are truly happy. Keep posting, I'll keep following! :) xoxo
ReplyDelete