So to start the project off I am going to get everyone up to date and ready to read in 2011!
Me:
I am currently working towards a weight loss goal of epic proportions (I say that because I have never liked to exercise so loosing any weight is going to be a miracle.) I have stopped drinking soda, walk everyday and significantly cut down my portion sizes. As of last night I have lost 25 lbs!
I am also attending Axia College online which is offered through The University of Phoenix. I am doing well and currently have a 3.6 GPA (me beaming with pride!)
![]() |
| Seamus and I at Winterhaven |
John:
Is is also working towards his weight loss goal. He too has stopped drinking soda and is trying to stop eating candy! The holidays have derailed him a bit but he should be able to get back on track once all the holiday snacks are gone!
Since being laid off almost a year ago, John has been searching for work. He has had a few opportunities arise that ended up being too good to be true. We are selling i-Phone clones right now but it certainly does not pay the bills.
John was baptized a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints in September and together we have a calling as the CTR-4 teacher in our ward.
John made the decision to return to school in March of last year and is enjoying learning about technology and how things work.
![]() |
| John and Seamus at Winterhaven |
Is now 18 months old! He is growing so fast and has such a large vocabulary that most of the time I am surprised to hear what he has to say.
At his 18 month appointment Seamus weighed 30lbs 5 oz and was 34.5 inches tall! He is definitely going to eat me out of house and home once he hits puberty! He loves balls, mostly football, he will sit and watch an entire football game with his Pa and yells, "GO BAAA GOOOOOOO BAAA!" at the players on the television.
He also loves Elmo and books. Seamus loves to sit and read books, we will sometimes read 6 or 7 in a sitting. I will finish one book and he will go pick up another. I will have to do a separate post of just Seamus and all of the marvelous things he does later.
![]() |
| Seamus and Pa on Christmas morning |
Recently we also held out annual Mini-golf Extravaganza in memory of my Papa who passed in August of 2009. We love Papa and will do what we can to always honor and remember you!
And to close a really cute picture of John and Seamus feeding the ducks at the park!





cameo, it was fun reading your blog and catching up. i am in awe of your positive attitude and motivation! good work girl! and congrats on the weight loss. i know that is not an easy thing to do! i turn 60 in april and if i keep gaining you'll need to roll me around by the time i hit 65! urgh! i need to follow your example! hugs to you!
ReplyDelete