January 24, 2011

Week 3 BABY!

Week 3 down! I am feeling pretty good about my progress. Two weeks in a row that I have completed! By the way I apologize for the lack of contractions in my writing, that is what school has done to me. Writing five days a week with out contractions has made my vocabulary very precise. Anyway, back to the week. I realize that I went Sunday to Sunday last week so this week you get Monday to Sunday so that we can get back on track. Oh and on another note, although it may appear is if I do not wash my sons' face ever, I promise I do, just not before I take 90% of my pictures.

Monday; was a normal day spent at home. Seamus has discovered the magical world of coloring and so we have done a lot of that this week. We colored and cleaned. (I clean a lot because I hate it when things smell funny and if you do not clean stuff starts to smell.) Back to Monday! Like I said normal day spent at home. That evening we were all wrestling in the living room, Seamus would take off my slippers and hit John with them, John would "tackle" Seamus and I would tickle him. It was fun and I really enjoy it when all three of us play like that.
This is his, "Oh, no! Please don't get me face!"

Tuesday; John has school from 8 -10:30 and then again from 6 - 9:30. So in the morning Seamus and I followed our usual routine and when John came home we took the party outside to the balcony. We drew on the patio with chalk and brought some crayons and paper out there too! I was quickly banished from the patio for coloring on Seamus' paper. He told me, "NO! Mama, go!" and then politely called to his Daddy to come outside and color with him instead. Seamus also stayed the night with John's parents Tuesday night so that John and I could run errands the next morning that required us to be baby free. So, I was free to do as I pleased Tuesday night because John and Seamus were both gone. I painted my toenails.

Learning what exactly chalk does

Once he figured it out, he was coloring all over the place!

Wednesday, we went to the grocery store. Seamus loves the grocery store, he always points out the stuff he recognizes and I do what I can to remember to make it a fun learning experience. I try to name each item I place in the basket so that he can begin to recognize certain items by their label. We also had a visitor that evening, Brother Sackievich came over to fulfill is home teaching duties and Seamus conned him into reading him a book or two. So, to distract him I busted out the dry erase marker and the white board that he got for Christmas. I guess I can say that I am glad that it did not end up on the walls....
His hands are also COVERED in ink!
I also took some really cute ones of Seamus looking out his window. As I have mentioned before he likes to yell at the dogs who live below us. (They have stopped responding to his calls)


Thursday; we had a visit from First Things First. They are conducting a longitudinal external study on children between the ages of 18 months and 5 years in Arizona. They came over and did a brief assessment of Seamus and interviewed John and I. Seamus did very well in his assessment and they stopped the evaluation at the 4 year mark. That means that Seamus is in some ways as developmentally advanced as a 4 year-old! I think that it's crazy to think that my 18 month-old is doing things that some 4 year-olds can't. Anyway, I am very proud of him and it was nice to have the reassurance that nothing is wrong with him developmentally. We also had a doctors visit because he has had a cold for a couple of weeks and on Thursday he sneezed and the amount of snot that came out of his nose freaked me out! The doctor said that he was fine (of course) and gave me a prescription and said to fill it if it was still this bad in a week. That evening was Hosack family dinner night (as is every Thursday) and we went to my Moms for dinner and some family time. Seamus really loves all of the Hosacks' and will give each one of them hugs and kisses and plays very well with his cousins.
Seamus and Grammy Jackie
Friday was another slow day. I picked up the house a bit and then we went outside to play. It was windy so we didn't stay out there long. We came inside and decided to play with some play dough instead. Seamus mostly likes to keep his play dough in a ball and gets upset if we flatten one out to make a shape. Friday was also a date night for John and I. My mom came over and watched Seamus while John and I used the movie tickets she got us for Christmas. We finally got to see Tron! It was neat and I liked the effects. Although I am not sure about how awesome they will be on a small screen.



Saturday; John was up sick all night Friday so Seamus and I just played in the living room so that Daddy could get some rest. We watched some Veggie Tales and ate Cheerios. Then we went over to Bryan and Dawns so that John could help Bryan put up the boys new jungle gym. Seamus played with Carsen and Ethan and I chatted with Aunt Dawn. Later that evening we went to the Strattons' for dinner and a game night. I of course missed out on the games because Seamus is just too dang nosey and wanted to sit in my lap and grab everything off of the board. Instead Carrie and I hung out with the kiddos and talked. It's nice to have a mommy friend who gets me. I had trouble picking just one picture for today so, I have one from the morning and one of the kids jumping of Carin's bed.

Sorry about the blurriness. I am still learning how to take motion shots. I know that there is a setting on my camera. I just don't know where it is. Anyway, YAY! for jumping!
Sunday; these are our quietest days. We wake up, eat breakfast, finalize our Sunday school lesson, watch some wholesome TV or listen to some music and get ready for church. Seamus usually does not get a nap before church and decides that he's ready for one in the middle of Sacrament Meeting. Lovely. By the time nursery rolls around he is over it and ready to play! After church we come home and relax. I start dinner and finish some homework and John plays with Seamus so that I can get all of this done. I am so grateful for my husband and the amount of my crazy that he puts up with. Tonight we had spaghetti for dinner so the picture is of bath time following said dinner.


And that folks is our week. So far, we have nothing planned for next week so, we will see where it takes us! I hope to get to the park at least one day and maybe a toddler time at the library too.

(On a more somber note please keep our little family in your prayers that we may be able to find work soon. This is the fourth week in a row that we have been unable to generate any sort of income. We search daily for job opportunities but they all seem to slip through our fingers. If any of you know of a job that one of us qualifies for please let us know and we will apply. We are confident that as we continue to struggle that the Lord will continue to watch over us a protects us until we are able to do it ourselves.)

No comments:

Post a Comment