January 10, 2011

Week One of the 365 challange

So, I finished week one! Yea ME! But, I failed, just a little, I missed two days. They were uneventful boring days so you're not missing much, but still "Grrr!" at me for forgetting. I've had some serious "Deededee!" moments the last couple of weeks and adding picture taking to my already long list of daily events is going to take some getting used to. On the upside these picture help me to remember what exactly happened that day. I thought about posting daily but, I don't have time for that between school and household chores and job hunting. Posting a blog everyday just isn't going to happen. One a week I can do.

So, day One, 1/1/11
Seamus slept in until noon, so we slept until noon! Whoo Hoo! That's a parenting first for me! Seamus is a nosey little boy who will not go to sleep if something fun is happening, and on NYE we went to a friends and hung out. Seamus stayed awake the entire time! He was awake until 12:15am! So, I am not surprised at all that he slept that long. P.S. The picture is blurry and I forgot to take more. I'll figure it out by March.

I forgot to take pictures on the 2nd and 3rd so, You get these random photos of my friends dogs, because they are cute and we are dog-sitting them for a few days...
Daisy

Lola
OK back to my super cute kid and the fun things we do! (not that I'm biased or anything...)

Jan 4 2011
We followed our usual routine and in the afternoon we went outside for some playtime. Seamus and I walk around the apartment complex and check the mail. Seamus likes to play in the dirt, he digs with sticks and picks up rocks. Well, the dirt is behind a curb and he has to step over that curb to get to it. He did that just fine, it was getting out that he had trouble with. I turned to organize the mail on the hood of our car and as I did he tripped and SMACKED (I put that all in caps because it was hard, really, really hard) his head on the asphalt. I of course brought him inside and comforted him but he didn't settle down until we took him to the bathroom so that he could see that he was OK.
This is his new "Cheese!" face and his giant boo-boo

You can see how big the bump was

I like the new "Cheese!" face
He still has a bruise on his forehead, it's green now so I expect that will fade in a few days.

The 5th was another slow day. I guess when you have a regular routine, taking pictures of the same old stuff is boring. The only decent picture I got all day was while he was in the bath. Seamus loves bath time and has started requesting bubbles or a specific toy to bathe with.


The 6th was also a fun day, we took a little trip to Target and got some of those gel window clings from the dollar area. It says, "I Choo Choo Choose You!" and has a little train to go with it. Seamus has had fun playing with them. They have since moved from the sliding glass door, to the dishwasher, fridge and stove but, are now mostly underneath the couch. This is also the day we broke out the play dough for the first time. I did not get any pictures of that because we were too busy playing to take pictures.


On the 7th we shook thing up a little and played in Seamus' room with him for a looong time. I'm talking like a couple of hours. I recently relocated some of his toys to his room so that my living room no longer looked like a daycare center lobby. Seamus enjoys sitting on the trunk and reading books. He has also started to bring me a blanket and say, "Mama, BB, seep" So, I lay down on the ground with the blanket and pretend to sleep. Sometimes he'll lay down with me but a lot of the time he just walks away and keeps playing. If I get up though, he instructs me to lay back down and "Seep" On this particular day, he pulled all of the blankets out of the bottom drawer of his dresser and then danced around like a crazy man. We have video to prove it.





Saturday, the 8th was Ciara's birthday party and we celebrated with family and a few of her friends. Everyone gave her cash instead of gifts so that she could get what she really wanted, a Nintendo DSi. I am happy that she got what she wanted. I made her cakes. I made a chocolate cake from scratch (with my new KitchenAid stand mixer that I got for Christmas. Love it! By the way!) and a white cake from a box, because I do not have the patience to make a white cake from scratch. Too many eggs and too many steps for me when it's 10pm. Anywho, here is a picture of Seamus enjoying the white cake.



And, that folks is week one! Whew! I almost did it, we shall see what week two brings. I have Seamus scheduled to participate in a study at the U of A on Monday, Wednesday he hangs out with his Grammy Glor, Thursday is my week night Relief Society meeting and Friday and Saturday are dedicated to the Swapmeet. I hope I remember pictures with all that going on!

If any of you have some suggestions of things that we can do that are free and fun that Seamus can enjoy just let me know! There is a park down the street that we go to occasionally but it's been too cold for me (Yes, I am a winter weather wimp, but I grew up in Tucson, AZ what do you expect?) so we haven't gone over there in awhile. Maybe we can add that to the list!
See you next week! 

1 comment:

  1. cute pics. i agree once a day would get hard but once a week is a bit easier. Free stuff- library. We go to story time and get a lot of activities to do there (books, cds, movies)

    ReplyDelete